– Aishwarya Rai’s acting debut was in Tamil in 1997 with Maniratnam’s Iruvar
– Her mother tongue is Tulu
– Her Dil Ka Rishta was co-produced by her brother and co-written by her mother
– She is a trained classical dancer – She gained 5 subtitles along with Miss World – “Miss Catwalk”, “Miss Miraculous”, “Miss Photogenic”, “Miss Perfect Ten” and “Miss Popular”
– She played a seductive criminology expert in Pink Panther 2
– She has appeared twice in The Oprah Winfrey Show
– Her response to body shaming post pregnancy put her on a higher pedestal of dignity
– She supports PETA and has donated her eyes
– She is the first Goodwill Ambassador of Smile Train
– She is the new international Goodwill Ambassador for UNAIDS
Aishwarya Rai is not an actress who is celebrated for her looks but has left people inspired by her on screen and off screen choices. She has stood strong against criticisms and has become an icon with self worth and dignity for fellow women. The latest buzz is that she has planned to celebrate her daughter Aaradhya’s 6th birthday tomorrow in the Bachchan’s residence. We are sure the diva will continue to inspire us for decades to come!
Scroll the images to have a trip of Aishwarya’s 2 decade long career!
Source: Galatta Tamil